About the Taylor Institute
The Taylor Institute for Global Enterprise Management at Franklin Switzerland was founded in 2010 as an institute for advancing international management practices through innovative teaching and research.
The Taylor Institute is the first graduate program at Franklin Switzerland in Lugano, Switzerland. Since its founding, a Master of Science in International Management (MSIM) program has been developed, a Faculty Fellow has been named, and summer programs on Leadership and Innovation have been created for the business community. In August 2013, the first cohort of MSIM students graduated.
Franklin Switzerland is an American liberal arts university that is accredited as a university institution in the United States by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and in Switzerland by the Swiss University Conference.
Our mission is to develop responsible, collaborative, and innovative leaders of global organizations. We stay true to our mission by providing students with a multicultural and multidisciplinary learning environment in the heart of Europe. What distinguishes the Taylor Institute from other institutions is the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills through many different academic and professional experiences. To ensure that the experiences are relevant and cutting-edge, the Taylor Institute engages expert faculty members and practitioners who know first-hand what is required to be a successful global manager in the 21st century. Further distinction is earned by maintaining small cohorts, ensuring a flexible curriculum, and by providing valuable international experiences that include academic travel and international internships.
- We adhere to the Franklin College mission and tradition of a multicultural, multidisciplinary academic environment
- We work closely with students to support their personal and professional development
- We maintain rigorous standards of scholarship and integrity among students and faculty
- We promote research on topics of current interest with practical applications
- We encourage innovation and exploration of challenges and opportunities in a global context
- We strive to develop the full capacity of each student through a range of leadership experiences both inside and outside of the classroom
- We engage our alumni in the activities and programs of the Taylor Institute
- Global Mind-Set
- Cross-Cultural Understanding
What Skills Students Will Learn
- Cultural Intelligence
- Effective Communication
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Innovation Management
- Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- Systems Thinking
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Emotional Intelligence
- Capacity for Uncertainty
- Personal Responsibility